Modula WMS Premium is the most complete package for warehouse management. It provides all the functionalities of the BASE package, plus many others.
• Automatic item-compartment allocation and dynamic location management
• Batch management
• Full management with custom tracking of automatic import/export in ASCII, ODBC, Excel and XML file formats
• Material status management
• Pack type management
• Expiry date management
• Advanced user management via configuration of authorised procedures for each individual user
• Materials management by FIFO (First In First Out) or by sub-code priority (e.g. picking can give priority to the lowest and therefore oldest batch code)
• Justification management for immediate requests
This module provides functionality which improves picking and refilling.
• Packing list management
• Assembly kit management
• Shipping location management
• Automatic creation of storage compartments during refilling phases
• Serial number management (management of multiple serial numbers for the same item associated with an individual compartment)
The advanced picking module is ideal for the management of locations, picking carts and Put-to-Light.
This module extends item management functionality:
• Management of pre-defined orders that can be replicated as required
• Image to item association
• Grouping of items into families to define common characteristics
• Grouping of items into categories to facilitate searching and browsing
• Extended fields for item management, orders and order lines via additional attributes
• Handling of alternative item codes
• Picking of loan materia
This module allows the management of manual areas by software with the following functionalities:
• Management of manual warehouses using an intuitive graphical tool
• Management of picking activities in manual areas
• Management of material splitting between different areas on the basis of the quantities handled
• Management of material reintegration between areas on the basis of user-definable minimum stock levels for different area
• Entry area management
This module extends manual warehouse management capabilities through the use of Windows CE radio frequency terminals for all warehouse operations.
Modula does not supply terminals but recommends Motorola, Intermec or Denso.
This is a protocol which allows data exchange between SAP WMS and Modula WMS (ASCII format) via IDOC assuming that SAP contains the WM module.
Modula WMS must be seen by SAP as a black box to which requests and the results of requests are sent via IDOC.